First National Rio Grande offers employees a people-centered working environment with a strong emphasis on training and education. We believe that each individual should have the means to achieve professional growth and enjoy career satisfaction.
We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Some of our unique offerings include 401(k) matching with immediate vesting, time off upon hire, and comprehensive health care coverage plans for medical, dental and vision. First National Rio Grande is an equal opportunity employer.
Fixed Income Credit Analyst
This is an entry-level, full-time position located in our Albuquerque headquarters in the Strategic and Financial Planning department. The position will report to the Vice President-Fixed Income Portfolio Manager. The candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and intense environment. He or she will work alongside Portfolio Management in all aspects of the credit research process.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of fixed income markets and securities; Perform complex financial modeling and credit evaluation work; Closely follow and understand credit market activity; Work closely with portfolio management in the process of credit research and portfolio construction; Ensure compliance with investment guidelines and underwriting of municipalities, corporations, and ABS/CMBS; Provide input in the development and enhancement of investment process; Run various daily/weekly/monthly reports integral to portfolio construction; Participation in investment strategy meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in finance, economics, or quantitative discipline and proven academic record
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Self-starter able to work independently
- Background in analyzing and researching individual securities is a plus
- Must demonstrate a strong interest in financial markets
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, coupled with a sense of accountability and professionalism
- Conscientious and organized with a very strong focus on attention to detail
- Direct experience with financial markets preferred
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2014